We love our daily literacy stations in 6th class and we try to make it fun by using literacy apps, reading playscripts, games and much more!
1) Digital learning: a group using the iPads to access the Read Theory site, a program designed to develop reading comprehension skills.
2) Reading online books and taking book quizzes on Accelerated Reader. This program encourages pupils to read age appropriate books and they earn points by taking a quiz about the book after.
3) Group working with the Stile Literacy program. This is a fun, tactile way to learn.
4) Readers Theatre: 6th class pupils having fun reading playscripts and acting out their parts together.
5) Writers Corner: pupils learn about the various writing genres with the support of a teacher.